Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The point of this post is a link to Sara dancing!

Yes, I am alive!  And I do blog sometimes, like how I just did about Daniel visiting.

So I just found out the kids have a two hour delay tomorrow.  This past week was their first full week of school since before Christmas, but David and Mary each missed a day with colds.  And already this next week isn't starting out well.  It's gotten so bad with the missed days and delays that they now cry when they DON'T have school.  (They've realized school isn't as much fun when teachers are pressed for time to cover all the material.)

Anyway, I realize I'm not blogging much.  A major reason is time.  Another reason is how slow my computer is.  (Yes, it's brand new. I don't want to talk about it. I need to send it in to get it repaired...but it's not high on my priority list.)  But another reason is the nature of blogging, for me anyway.  It invites reflection.  And I simply cannot bear to reflect on life right now.

I am doing fine.  I promise!  I would even say we are doing well.  But it is hard.  Really, really hard.  And I don't want to think about how hard it is.  I would rather clean the kitchen (again!!) or watch TV or post videos of my baby bear on YouTube.

I keep moving forward, and if I stop to reflect, I'm afraid I will fall.

I do have a few odds and ends I hope to post tomorrow.

But, for now, I invite you to watch the first 15 seconds of this video.  It makes me so happy, and it might do the same for you.  I love that baby of mine.  And her big brother and big sister.

By the way:

My YouTube videos are unlisted.  That means you need the link to see them.  You can find the links in my Twitter feed.  Click on the tab at the top of this page.

Ninja Dude and Taco Man have been having a lot of new adventures in places like Kandahar, Kabul, Bagram, and good old Al Udeid in Qatar.  You can see them on my Flickr page.  Again, click on the tab at the top of this page.

One more thing ...


That is my baby.  (Almost 14 months!)  Doesn't her sweetness just melt your heart?

Good night!