Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic fever

David and Mary are loving the Olympics.

Sunday after church Sara and I went upstairs to take a much-needed nap.  I turned on the Olympics for David and Mary.  When Sara and I came back downstairs two hours later, I found the family room turned into a giant bobsled run/speed skating track/biathlon course.  They had gone Olympic-crafting nuts, and it was AWESOME.

Look what they made ...

David made this bobsled.



I love it!  So so so much!



David is also the one who made the bobsled track.  It was out of pillows and baskets and trays.  But I made him clean it up before I ever took a picture.  His Lego guys had a great time on it before Mean Mom came along.




Mary made a bobsled too.


Yay for bobsledding girls!



And these are Mary's speed skaters.




And let's not forget a custom, decorative gun for competing in the biathlon.



Care to venture a guess as to which three events were on TV Sunday afternoon?

David and Mary are so much fun.  (And they seem to be the most fun and the most creative when I am out of the picture snoozing away.  Hmmmm...perhaps I should write a book about being a better parent through taking naps.)

Anyway, the Olympic fever continues with late bedtimes and video clips at breakfast.  And it's about to get more intense because Uncle Daniel THE #1 Olympic fanatic will be here this weekend.  Hooray!

P.S.  David and Mary don't remember their very first Olympics.  But I do, as it had me reflecting on my Olympic dreams.