Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Girl stuff

One day while David was visiting his best friend Bailey (who fortunately moved from Wisconsin to Columbus), Mary and I (and Stacy) made a much-anticipated visit to the American Girl store. 



American Girl does cause me some eye rolling. But now that Mary is old enough to really, truly play with hers, I'm rolling my eyes much less. Mary is diligent in saving her money for new clothes, accessories, books, and play sets. And she wisely doesn't want anymore dolls. She just wants to focus on Stacy.


It was a fun trip to the store. Sara was at home, so Mary was free to browse as long as she wanted without a needy little sister in tow. Mary was careful and thoughtful in how she spent her money. One of the things she purchased was a set of supplies to play school. So much fun! She has spent hours playing school with Stacy and her stuff animals. She's even made little flashcards and has been quizzing Stacy. (That sure beats Xtra Math!)  Hanging out with Mary is a lot of fun. What a great little shopping trip.

(Mary and I spent a fair amount of time looking at the dolls trying to figure out which one looks like Sara. None. It was kind of weird. Especially since Mary looks exactly like hers. Will Sara want an AG doll? Will she want one that looks like her? Which one will she think looks like her? How will she see herself? Will she recognize she doesn't really look like any of them? Will she care? Am I just messed up because Mary looks almost freakishly like a doll? I had some complicated feelings...)

Another subject...hair cuts!

One evening I took Mary and Sara to my hair stylist for hair cuts. They were so excited! Mary loves going to the salon and getting her hair washed, trimmed, and styled. Like LOVES. (She did not inherit this from me.) Sara was super excited too. The last time I took her (in August), she was clingy and scared. But this time she marched right up to Barb and told her she was there for a hair cut. Then she insisted on going first. She was so mature and adorable! I love my girls! Here are their after pics:






Speaking of hair, the other day Sara had her first pig tails!! Look how cute. . .


Aren't you just dying from the cuteness of those little piggies??


What a cutie. 


This morning Mary and I dug out some matching dresses that we had totally forgotten about. Super cute. Sara and Mary let me take a few pictures of them after church.







Then they performed a dance for me. They had been working on the choreography this morning. Even though they didn't have the music, they gave me a sneak peek of what they've been working on. You can see their Sunday afternoon driveway dance here. (You can also see how much they love being sisters.)







Wow, I sure do love my girls.